Sunday, October 21, 2007

Welcome to Diane Davenport Photography

This is something new for me to create a blog. I hope to show case some of my work on this site since it is easier for me to update then to have my website: www.dianedavenportphotography.com updated after each photo shot so I hope that if you find this blog that you will bookmark it and come back often.

Since this is my first blog I decided to tell you a little about myself. I grew up loving photography. I can't remember when I haven't had a camera at my side. In the beginning I preferred landscapes and still life subjects but sometime along the way... maybe after my daughter was born and while we were living in the Orient I discovered that I enjoy portrait photography more then landscapes. I love to capture expressions that tell a story to the viewer.

I am definitely a photojournalist. I want to tell a story with my photos and I do pose my subject to begin with but I let them explore other possibilities. Sometimes I will ask a couple to stand facing each other... maybe looking into each others eyes... this can lead to all kinds of possibilities some couples will start talking quietly between themselves while I capture their interaction on film while other couples might lean in for that special kiss... and still other couples will suddenly have a playful spark and before you know it they are laughing and playing tag with each other. It is this interaction that tells the story in my photos.

No comments: